Butter Chicken is a great meal for a cold day. The warmth of the spices mingles with the smooth chicken. The recipe, surprisingly, doesn’t use a lot of butter but the chicken cuts like butter.
Keto Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Sauce
- Slow Cooker
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 3/4 Tsp coriander
- 3/4 Tsp turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinless and boneless If you only plan to use half of the sauce, reduce chicken to 1 1/2 pounds for 4 servings.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray to ensure easy clean up.
- Add the onions, garlic, butter or olive old, the spices salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and chicken broth over top. Note that if you have garam masala on hand, you can substitute 1 Tbsp of the mixed spice for the individual spices in the recipe.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for three hours. By then the sauce will be booked. If you like, remove half of the sauce from the slow cooker, cool it and freeze it for another batch at a later date.
- Add the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is done. The chicken is done with the juices are clear when you pierce it with a knife.
- Stir in the sour cream. Serve over broccoli or baked cauliflower or zoodles sprinkled with the cilantro,