Wheat Gluten in Keto Bread
This lovely bread is not gluten free. Who knew, but wheat gluten is the protein from the grain. It is very low carb and I used it in this recipe to make a yeast bread that is very similar in taste and texture to our usual wheat bread.
- 1/2 c. Anthony's Oat Fiber
- 2/3 c. Flaxseed Meal
- 1 1/4 c. Anthony's Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 c. Xylitol
- 1/2 t. Xanthan Gum
- 1 c. Room Temp Water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 t. honey
- 2 T room temp butter
- 1 T Active Dry Yeast Must be Active Dry Yeast
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- In your bread machine bowl, add all of the wet ingredients, besides the yeast.
- Add the dry ingredients on top. Then pour in the yeast.
- Close the machine and start the bread machine on the regular setting.
A Note About Honey: The honey in this recipe exists to feed the yeast, which must have a food source in order to activate and leaven the bread. The honey is calculated into the carb count, but only trace amounts of it remain in the final loaf